Meatless, Simple, & Delicious Recipes:
You can get all these ingredients from TJ’s!
Anti-Bread Patty Breakfast ☆☆☆☆
■ Soy Meatless Breakfast Patties
■ Cheese (Havarti is the best)
1. Cook an egg (I like mine a little yolky)
2. Microwave the patty for 1 minute (you can also grill or pan fry)
3. Add a slice of cheese to the patty
4. Add the basil & cooked egg on top
Soy Sliders ☆☆☆☆☆
■ Soy Meatless Breakfast Patties
■ Cheese (Again, I do Havarti)
■ Caramelized Onion Dip
■ Basil or Baby Spinach
1. Add a slice of cheese to each bottom bun
2. Toast the buns in a toaster oven
3. Cook the Soy Meatless Patties: again, either microwave for 1 min, grill or pan fry
4. Remove the buns once the cheese is melted and place the patty on top of the melted cheese
5. On the top buns, add the onion dip, your greens (basil or spinach), & guacamole
6. Combine both halves & they’re ready to eat!
Also known as the Eight Angle pose. I have been practicing this pose for a couple weeks now and as always patience and practice has been the key.
● strengthening the core
● strengthening the arms & wrists
● improving arm balance
How to Astavakrasana:
There are other ways of learning to do this pose, but here is what worked for me:
1. As always, warm up. Stretch the muscles you will engage in this pose.
2. Get into a modified Parivrtta Upavishta Konasana (a modified revolved seated angle pose):
● start with extended legs, opening your hips as wide apart as possible
● keep your left knee staight, bend your right knee in front of you rested on the floor (right knee pointed away from the body and right foot facing your left thigh)
3. Lift your left knee and place the foot down, so that you have a diamond shape in between your legs
4. Extend your diamond further out and rest your right ankle above your left foot
5. Place both hands on the floor with your left hand inside the diamond & your right hand outside
6. Bend your elbows and tuck you left shoulder under your left thigh (tip: if you can’t seem to tuck your shoulder underneath that thigh, try moving your hands further forward, away from you before bending at the elbows)
7. Now sink your chest even deeper, chin closer the floor, butt lifted off the floor
8. Lift your legs up off the floor, balance
9. Practice this until you are comfortable and your wrists are stronger
10. When you have strengthened your wrists and arms, complete the pose by straightening your legs (remember you are trying to hug your upper left arm with both thighs)
This is my potted basil plant and I’ve had it for a couple weeks now. It sits on my kitchen counter top by the window and I water it every day. Here are some reasons to consider growing your own basil!
Nothing is fresher than picking the leaves yourself right in your kitchen. Economical:
Growing your own basil is longer lasting compared to the separate packs that need to be refrigerated, which only contain a handful of basil leaves. Health Benefits:
Basil contains minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium and is also an excellent source of iron. It also has antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties. Versatility:
not only is basil an excellent herb for cooking, but it has many other uses… ● Stings and Bites
basil can be applied to insect bites to help relieve pain and draw out venom ● Headaches
boil some dried basil & inhale the steam ● Aroma Therapy
basil can do wonders for relaxation & stress reduction, simply add some basil to a warm bath ● Coughing and Colds
basil can also help alleviate coughing & colds. Simply chew on some fresh basil leaves or boil a small pot of dried leaves to make a calming tea
Ahi Poke Sliders ☆☆☆☆☆
Light, healthy, and super scrumptious! Good for one person.
$5.99/3 @ CFG, Irvine
The Barefoot Bowl ☆☆☆☆☆
Acai blend with granola & honey, topped w/ bananas, blueberries, & strawberries. Amazing! Great for 2.
$7.25/medium @ Barefoot Bowls, Irvine
No one has ever become poor by giving.